Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms” or “Agreement”) for MONITORAPP products and productss (“Product” or “Products”) are a legal agreement between you, either as an individual or a legal entity (“Customer”), and MONITORAPP Co., Ltd. (“MONITORAPP”). These Terms, along with any other policies or documents referenced herein, govern Customer’s purchase and use of the Products. Customer’s use of the Products constitutes its binding legal agreement to these Terms, which are subject to change at any time by MONITORAPP. If Customer is not legally able to be bound by these Terms or does not want to consent to these Terms, Customer’s use of the Products is strictly prohibited. MONITORAPP reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms in its sole discretion, without liability to Customer. This Agreement, as amended, will be effective upon use of the Products for all existing users immediately after any amended terms are posted online at https://www.monitorap.com. Customer agrees to be bound by this Agreement, as modified. If Customer does not agree to any changes to the Terms, it must stop using the Products and terminate its account immediately. It is incumbent upon Customer to check for any amendments to these Terms and review the most current version of this Agreement from time to time so that it will be apprised of any changes.
1. Use of MONITORAPP Products.
- The Products are made available to Customer only for internal business use and not for resale, unless Customer is a legal and authorized reseller of MONITORAPP Products pursuant to a contract executed by both parties stating Customer is an authorized reseller. Customer agrees and understands that the License for the software included in the Products is non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred in any way except by an authorized reseller or distributor. Such use must also comply with all applicable MONITORAPP policies and all laws, rules and regulations, and must not infringe or violate third party rights. Customer may not sell, license, provide services, or distribute the Products or any part thereof to any third party.
2. Shipping, Title and Returns.
- Shipping. Separate charges for shipping and handling will be charged on MONITORAPP’s invoice.
- Title. Title to hardware passes from MONITORAPP to Customer on shipment from MONITORAPP’s facility (Incoterms 2010). Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by MONITORAPP is MONITORAPP’s responsibility. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by Customer is Customer’s responsibility. Partial shipment is acceptable.
- Returns. Customer may cancel all purchase orders for Product and support services (excluding renewals) within thirty (30) days of shipment of hardware or delivery of software from MONITORAPP (“Cancellation Period”). After the Cancellation Period, all purchase orders are non-cancellable and the fees paid to MONITORAPP for Product or support services are nonrefundable. Fees for installation or training provided by MONITORAPP are non-cancellable and nonrefundable once performance commences.
3. Payment Obligations.
- Customer shall pay the total purchase as specified in the invoice.
- Customer acknowledges that the reoccurring amount billed each period may vary for reasons that include differing amounts due to promotional offers, differing amounts due to changes in Customer’s account, or changes in the amount of applicable sales tax. Customer authorizes MONITORAPP to bill for such varying amounts. All reoccurring fees and charges are non-cancelable and nonrefundable and no credits will be given for partially used periods.
4. Payment Terms, Disputes and Offsets.
- Payment Terms.
- Payment will be made by credit card, wire transfer, or another prearranged payment method unless MONITORAPP has agreed to credit terms.
- When credit is provided, payments are due net 30 days, measured from the date of the invoice. Orders are not binding upon MONITORAPP until accepted in writing by MONITORAPP.
- Any payment not received from Customer by the due date shall accrue (except with respect to charges then under a reasonable and good faith dispute) at the lower of one and a half percent (1.5%) of the outstanding balance per month (being 18% per annum) or the maximum allowed by law, from the date such payment is due until the date paid. Customer also agrees to pay all sums expended (including reasonable legal fees) in collecting overdue payments. If Customer continues to not make payment for thirty (30) days following written notice thereof, MONITORAPP may: (i) disable Customer’s use of the Product; (ii) withhold, suspend or revoke its grant of any software license; and/or (iii) terminate this Agreement.
- Payment Disputes.
- Customer must notify MONITORAPP of any billing problems or discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on Customer’s statement from its bank, credit card company or other billing company. Customer must send such notification to MONITORAPP at the MONITORAPP contact information indicated in Section 21 (“Notices”). If Customer does not bring such problems or discrepancies to MONITORAPP’s attention within the sixty (60) day period, Customer agrees that it waives the right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
- Customer shall pay all amounts payable to MONITORAPP under this Agreement to MONITORAPP in full without any setoff, recoupment, counterclaim, deduction, debit or withholding for any reason (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as may be required by applicable Law).
5. Taxes and Duties.
- Customer shall be responsible for all sales, use, withholding, value added, and any other taxes imposed by any federal, state, provincial or local governmental entity or any other governmental entity on the purchase of Product, excluding taxes based on MONITORAPP’s net income.
- Customer is responsible for any import or export fees or duties associated with its use of the Product.
6. Support Subscriptions, Renewals, and Upgrades.
- Support Subscriptions.
- Provided Customer has purchased and paid for support, MONITORAPP will provide support subscriptions to Customer in accordance with the then-current support policies and conditions in effect. MONITORAPP will attempt to handle any problem involving Products over the telephone or email. However, MONITORAPP’s support personnel/providers may not be able to understand or resolve any given problem.
- Support offerings may vary by Product and geography. MONITORAPP may, at its discretion, revise its support programs and the terms and conditions that govern them. The services and support programs and their terms and conditions in place at the time of purchase will apply to Customer’s purchase.
- The support programs and their terms and conditions in place at the time of purchase will apply to Customer’s purchase through the end of the then-current term.
- MONITORAPP has no obligation to provide support until MONITORAPP has received full payment for the Products that Customer purchased.
- The support period start date will be the earlier of (i) the date the Product is activated by Customer, or (ii) thirty (30) days after the Product has been shipped or made available to Customer for download. For new Product purchases, support subscriptions (including instant replacement and energize updates) will commence on the date of activation. MONITORAPP will automatically activate Products six (6) months after the date of sale, if not activated earlier by Customer.
- Customer agrees that MONITORAPP shall have the right to, automatically and without notice, renew and invoice any subscription upon expiration of the subscription. The subscription start date will begin upon expiration of the prior subscription term, and Customer will be responsible for all renewal subscription fees from the previous subscription expiration date.
- Customers may upgrade the Product model and associated support subscription service within sixty (60) days of purchase and receive a full credit for the original purchase, provided any hardware unit is returned to MONITORAPP in working order within thirty (30) days of the upgrade and the initial product is disabled.
7. Intellectual Property Ownership
- Customer acknowledges that MONITORAPP or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Product (including software) and content provided through or in conjunction with the Product, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights. Except for the license granted in these Terms, all rights in and to the Products are reserved and MONITORAPP grants no implied licenses.
- The warranty will be effective, and MONITORAPP will be obligated to honor the warranty, only upon MONITORAPP’s receipt of payment in full for the item to be warranted.
9. Term, Termination and Survival
- This Agreement is effective upon purchase or use of the Product, and, unless earlier terminated, remains in effect until Customer no longer utilizes the Product.
- MONITORAPP may terminate this Agreement for Customer’s breach, which Customer fails to cure within thirty (30) days of written notice by MONITORAPP.
- Customer agrees that, upon termination, Customer will immediately discontinue all use of the Products and that it is not entitled to any refund of prepaid fees.
- The terms of this Agreement that by their nature extend beyond termination, including Payment, Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Governing Law, Dispute Resolution, and Venue, shall survive termination of this Agreement.
10. Collection of Customer Data
- Customer agrees to allow MONITORAPP to collect information (“Statistics”) from their Products in order to fight spam, viruses, and other threats as well as to optimize and monitor the Product. Statistics will be collected electronically and automatically. Statistics include, but are not limited to, the number of messages processed, the number of messages that are categorized as spam, the number of virus and types, IP addresses of the largest spam senders, the number of emails classified for Bayesian analysis, the number and types of attacks seen and blocked, bandwidth used, CPU and RAM usage, network interface utilization, and IP addresses of attackers and other statistics. Statistics will be kept private and will only be reported by MONITORAPP in the aggregate.
11. Export and Compliance with Laws
- The Products and software, including technical data, are subject to KOREA export control laws, including, but not limited to, the KOREA Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. Customer agrees to comply strictly with all such regulations and acknowledges that it has the responsibility to obtain licenses to, re-export, or import Products or software. MONITORAPP provides multiple versions of Products targeted for specific geographic regions.
- Compliance with Laws
- Customer agrees to comply with all applicable laws related to its performance of the obligations set forth in this Agreement, including, but not limited to, any applicable privacy laws.
12. Confidential Information
- Each party may, from time to time, divulge confidential information and proprietary trade and/or manufacturing secrets to the other party. The receiving party shall preserve in strict confidence any confidential or proprietary information obtained concerning the business or affairs of the disclosing party and its affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, this Agreement, trade secrets, technology, MONITORAPP’s price list(s), marketing strategies, customer lists, mail lists, and information concerning the design or methods of manufacture of the Products (“Confidential Information”), and shall refrain from disclosing, during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, any such information to any person or persons, natural or corporate, except as expressly provided herein. The receiving party agrees, with respect to Confidential Information disclosed hereunder, to use the same degree of care that it uses to prevent the disclosure of its own similar information, but in no event less than reasonable care. The receiving party may only use Confidential Information for the purpose of fulfilling its obligations hereunder and shall disclose the Confidential Information only to its own employees and to its attorneys, accountants and other professional advisors, in each case who have a need to know and who have agreed in writing under terms at least as stringent as the confidentiality terms in this Agreement to maintain such Confidential Information in confidence. The receiving party shall be liable for a breach of this section by any of its representatives to whom it discloses Confidential Information. The receiving party shall not have any obligation to protect Confidential Information which (a) was in the receiving party’s possession prior to receipt from the disclosing party; (b) is, or becomes, a matter of public knowledge through no act, omission or fault of the receiving party; or (c) is disclosed by the receiving party with the written permission of the disclosing party.
13. Waiver of Consequential Damages and Limitation of Liability
- Waiver of consequential damages.
- Under no circumstances shall either party, or its suppliers, resellers, partners or their respective affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising from or related to the product, whether such claim is based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, (even if the party has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
- Limitation of liability
- Without limiting the foregoing, the total aggregate liability of MONITORAPP, and its suppliers, resellers, partners and their respective affiliates arising from or related to this agreement shall not exceed (i) KOREA $25.00 if no amount has been paid by customer to MONITORAPP; or (ii) the amount paid by customer in the three month period immediately prior to the claim.
- The foregoing limitations of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on the product, from inability to use the product, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the product (including such damages incurred by third parties). Such limitation shall apply notwithstanding a failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy and to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for death or bodily injury or the limitations above and in those jurisdictions, the above limitations and exclusions may not apply.
14. Permission to Use Logo
- Customer grants permission to MONITORAPP to use Customer’s logo on the MONITORAPP website, or any other marketing material when referring to Customer. Customer will retain all title and rights to such logos.
15. Changes to Products
- MONITORAPP reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue providing the Product or any part thereof in its sole discretion, with prior notice. Any discontinuation of service will be coterminous with the end of any prepaid term.
16. Relationship of the Parties
- The parties intend that the relationship created between them by virtue of this Agreement shall be that of an independent contractor, and nothing herein shall be construed to create an agency, joint venture, partnership or other form of business association between them. MONITORAPP and its agents, employees, and servants shall not be deemed to be an employee, agent, or servant of Customer or its affiliated entities, if any. MONITORAPP is not to be considered an agent or employee of Customer for any purpose, and none of the benefits provided by Customer or its employees are available to MONITORAPP or MONITORAPP’s employees, agents, or servants. MONITORAPP shall be solely and entirely responsible for MONITORAPP’s acts and for the acts of MONITORAPP’s agents, employees, servants and subcontractors during the performance of this Agreement.
17. Force Majeure
- Neither party hereto shall be liable for any failure to timely perform any of its obligations under this Agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any event beyond the reasonable control of such party, including, without limitation, fire, flood, strikes, hurricanes, and other industrial disputes, failure of raw material, failure of transport, accidents, wars, riots, insurrections, acts of God or orders of any government department or agency.
- If any term or condition of this Agreement is held void or unenforceable, it shall be severed, and every other provision shall be enforced as if the void or unenforceable term or condition had never been a part hereof.
- Vendor may send notices pursuant to this Agreement to Customer’s email contact points provided by Customer, and such notices will be deemed received 24 hours after they are sent. Customer may send notices pursuant to this Agreement to 8F, 27 Digital-ro 27ga-gil, Guro-gu, Seoul, Korea 08375, Attn: Administration Department, and such notices will be deemed received 72 hours after they are sent.
20. Entire Agreement and Assignment.
- Entire Agreement.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the Products. MONITORAPP’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. Any waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by MONITORAPP.
- Customer may not assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement. MONITORAPP may freely assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be void.
Revised: June 2018